If you are a regular reader you should know by now how much I LOVE African threading. Two weeks ago, I washed my hair and couldn't wait for it to dry before threading so I styled my hair while it was wet (see first pic. below). The Idea was to thread and cover my hair with a scarf for as long as possible. After 4 days I decided to loosen the threads to moisturize my hair and guess what I found....Curls!!
This is what my hair looks like after loosening the threads...
...and after fluffing.
To maintain this look I applied a little water, some shea-butter mix and threaded my hair again. .The picture above is 4 days after the first take down.
You could also braid your hair into big sections and get results
On Saturday I washed my hair and deep conditioned it. I tried the style again and had the same results on Monday morning.(Sorry about the picture quality)
Because of the heat I ended up tying up my hair and leaving out the front.
WHY I LOVE THIS STYLE
- I can go for a week without putting a comb in my hair. All I need to do is fluff using my fingers.
- The ends of my hair stayed stretched out all through the week reducing knots and matted up ends.
- I think my 4a/b/c hair is more manageable with threads.
- Although I love how a braid and curl/twist and curl looks on other Ladies, I wasn't impressed with how it looked on my hair. My ends knotted up after taking down the braids or twist and I was never able to get 3day hair.
- Fluffing is so easy.
- Last but not the least....I love it cause you don't need to know how to braid or twist....all you need to know is how to hold you hair and thread.
I will love to see this style on another lady. All you need is thread and your usual hair products. I washed, applied my leave-in-conditioner, some of my Shea-butter mix, and threaded my hair. Please try it out and share. Much love!