I GOT CERTIFIED!!




Hi folks! 
It’s been long since I did a post and I am sorry for that. The good news is that after two years of study I got certified to be a Trichologist by the International Association of Trichologist.  I would love to tell you that it was easy - because I am a guru like that *wink*- but it wasn’t.  Switching courses meant that I had to read much more than I was given and put in more effort than I am used to if I wanted to finish the course on time   without reseating any of the tests or exams. To God be the glory all things worked out for good and today I am better equipped to  help people who suffer from hair loss and scalp conditions. Of course, this did not happen overnight because as a lot of you know, I have been in the hair industry for sometime now.

What is Trichology?
Trichology is the science of hair and scalp and other related problems.  A trichologist is someone who has been trained and has successfully completed a trichology educational programme (this programme usually includes theoretical and clinical training).  After completion, he or she can then work at helping clients with hair and scalp conditions.

Beware
As an organiser of hair meet-ups in Nigeria, I have had the opportunity of meeting and talking with a lot of you lovely ladies and gents and I have heard some very funny stories indeed.  People walking up to perfect strangers and telling them that they have a particular hair problem that they don’t have, “bad hair” pulling with coconut oil as a solution for hair thinning,  clean shaving to allow  "good hair" grow as a solution for traction alopecia… and the list goes on.
The reality is that anyone can claim to be a trichologist but you have to ensure that they have been trained and have actually completed an educational programme. There’s a lot of information online so if you ever feel uncomfortable do your research and get educated before trusting any one.
Bless! :)

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you have taken this step to become better educated and appropriately certified. Well done! I hope this now means that we'll be hearing more from you on matters of healthy hair and scalp care. I look forward to more and I offer you my heartfelt congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JazzWife! I really appreciate your kind words and I will be updating more frequently now. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being certified. Please check out my hair growth challenge on my blog.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonkabelle :) Will look it up now.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! From following Natural Nigerian, I get the impression you are based in Abuja. If so, when next will you be in Lagos? I need to see a trichologist to figure out my hair loss problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Unknown! Yes, I am in Abuja and I'm sorry but I cant give you a time frame. NN and I will work on something soon though so please stay tuned. However, you can send me an email and we can talk about it. All the best.

      Delete
  4. Congrats Natmane and welcome back. I hope to see you post more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your certification!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey. Congrats on your certification. Please do you have any idea where I can get grey/white hair dye or spray. Thanks
    Tosinolaniyi.com
    Tosinolaniyiweb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...