I remember going to my "customer" and paying her good money to get my hair done. Seating for hours was torture and loosening was depressing...most of my hair would have dropped off.
Naija ladies pls..
- Do not allow beauticians come close to your hair with any comb that is not a wide tooth comb.
- Do not use any oil that is not a natural oil. Go the market; Shea butter is cheap, buy some coconuts and make your own coconut oil, olive oil is cheap get a bottle.
- Do not make excuses...deep condition your hair weekly.
- Do not plait ghana braids. This style is a major cause of hair breakage. Trust me, this was my best style.
- Do not apply direct heat your hair.
- Do not plait million braids if you are not going to cowash your hair at all.
- Do not wash your braids with shampoo. You can't wash off the shampoo completely. Rather, wash your hair with a conditioner. This gets the job done and your hair stays soft even after taking the braids down
- Do NOT put a relaxer and plait your hair immediately after.
Receded hair line...2010