- I wash my hair biweekly using the traditional black soap.
- I wash my hair weekly; using a conditioner.
- I deep condition my hair weekly or biweekly ( first,second and third are done when I'm not in braids or twists).
- Shea butter , mayonnaise, olive oil, honey, aloe vera gel (from the plant),henna wax and coconut milk are used for deep conditioning.
- I use natural oils. My best oils are Coconut Oil and Olive oil. Moderation is the key word . Use too much oil and you'll end up with oily hair.
- Immediately after washing my hair, I apply a good leave in conditioner.
- While my hair is still damp, I apply coconut oil and braid.
- I air dry my hair during the dry season and use my hooded dryer (on low heat) during the rainy season. Direct heat from hair dryers and flat irons leave the mane dry.
- Organic Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion is what I use in place of Pink oil. I love the smell and it makes my natural hair soft.
If and when I come up with something new I'll edit this post. Happy weekends...what's left of it...and Blessings!!