Introduce yourself. Who is Oluwaseun?
I’m a Nigerian, Yoruba to be specific. I live in the United States with my family. I’m a student studying Business Management. I’m a lover of all things beautiful. I’m a style obsessed human being! I love to look my best always. I’m fun, dependable, and creative. I love God with all my heart and try to live my life for Him! I’m a child of God!
What’s Your Hair Regimen?
Every other week I was my hair with shampoo:
- First, I wet my entire hair/head with water, then I let it set in for some minutes until my hair absorbs most of the water.
- Then, I put it in 8 sections of twist; it makes it easier for me to de-tangle.
- I de-tangle from tip to root, and put in some bits of shampoo as I go on (I mix my shampoo with a bit of conditioner)
- Comb through the hair with a wide tooth comb until it is smooth, then twist back up.
- I then repeat steps 3 and 4 until all sections have been shampooed.
- Lastly, I rinse out the shampoo thoroughly, pat dry with a t-shirt and moisturize!
Every other week I deep condition my hair using mayo, egg and conditioner:
- First, I wet my entire hair/head with water, then let it set in for some minutes until my hair absorbs most of the water.
- Then I put it in 8 sections of twists; it makes it easier for me to detangle
- I detangle from tip to root, then put in the mayo mixture a bit at a time, and also detangle while the mayo mixture is in my hair. After that, I twist it back up.
- I then repeat step number 3 until all sections have been saturated with the mayo mixture.
- After all the steps are completed, I leave the mayo mixture in my hair for about 1-2 hours depending on what I’m doing.
- Lastly, I rinse out the mayo mixture thoroughly, pat dry with a t-shirt and moisturize!
- I put my hair in twist or cornrows before going to bed, every night. That prevents matting and breakage.
- In the mornings, I unravel the twists or cornrows, wet my hair with water, detangle, add some conditioner and oil, then let it air dry to achieve the ‘shrunken’ look.
- For hair styles with my natural hair, I do twist most of the time. Then I pin up the twists into desired style when needed. Once in a while, I rock a puff.
- I do braids/weaves at times, mostly curly ones though. When my braids/weave is in, I spray my hair with water and olive oil mixture everyday, if not every other day.
|Click to enlarge|
Vo5, Olive oil, Morgan's Pomade, Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream, Aveda be Curly Conditioner, Aveda moisturizing shampoo.
Where can we find you?
- Bloglovin: mystyledexpressions
- Tumblr: mystyledexpressions.tumblr.com
- Blogspot: mystyledexpressions.blogspot.com
- Twitter: MyStylExpress
Any last words?
I hope more naturals rock their hair in whatever state it may be in, whether short or not! Love your hair now and always!
NatMane: Who says we have to go through all that stress just to achieve a curly wash and go when we can do a shrunken fro in a short time and move on out!! Thanks for sharing Oluwaseun:)