On Wet Hair:
- Section hair into 2 or how you want the style to look. (Work in sections)
- Cut out a small section.
- Apply light oil (Coconut/olive oil)
- Apply Whipped Shea butter to the roots.
- Smooth in the Shea butter.
- After braiding the whole hair, tie a satin scarf and go to bed.
On Dry Hair:
- Section hair according to style
- Cut out section for braiding
- Apply Shea butter to root of hair. I prefer to use the Kinky Apothecary because it has water.
- Smooth in Butter.
- Tying a satin scarf is optional but it helps to get that smooth look.
So , you don't need gel to get smooth looking braids all you need is Shea butter and your satin scarf.